Friends, I cannot explain to you how much I love cookies. Truly, it’s a relationship without judgement or shame. A friendship of love and honesty. I mean, they’re convenient, beautiful, crunchy and soft. They can have so many different tastes and go great with a delicious cup of almond milk! But let’s face it, my heart and body are not in a mutual agreement about this relationship. My heart says “yes” but my body goes “here’s my revenge!”. *sigh*
With that in mind, it seemed only fair to try and share today’s #samplesunday with my fellow #healthylivers (HAH!):
HEALTHY BANANA OATMEAL COOKIES!
These are so versatile! I opted to add in walnuts, but you could add anything really. Chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, peanut butter, nuts, m&ms, dried fruit, the possibilities are endless. You could drizzle some white chocolate on top, whatever! They can be as healthy or as naughty as you like 😉 Most importantly, the base is two ingredients: bananas & oats.
As you can see, I added in some PB2, walnuts, and a dash of vanilla for sweetness. You could do honey for sweetness too!
Your base is simple, mash up your ripened bananas and mix in your oats. From there, mix in any additions.
Once you have whatever concoction you desire, we are going to spoon them out onto a greased cookie sheet and put them into our preheated oven. Now these won’t really spread out so as you spoon them out (preferably with a tablespoon) sort of flatten them and shape them as you like.
And here are these boogers hot & fresh:
Get the full recipe below:
- 2-3 ripe bananas
- 3/4 – 1 cup quick oats
- Be Creative!
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray cookie sheet with nonstick spray.
- Mash bananas with a fork in a medium size bowl until most-all lumps are out.
- Mix in oatmeal and add any additional ingredients.
- Using a tablespoon, spoon and shape mixture onto greased cookie sheet.
- Put into oven and set timer for 15 minutes checking halfway through.
- When timer goes off and cookies edges are browned, take out of the oven and set to cool.